This is Part 2 of the interview with Alishba Kzar of www.dreamboudoirphotography.com, who has built the most successful boudoir photography business I know of. In part 2 we go deep into Alishba's marketing and advertising process that sees her generating the kind of sales she does after making incredible connections with her clients.
In last weeks episode, I introduced Alishba and said she was on track to generate over $200,000.00 this year. Since then, she posted this into the Members Facebook Group…
Thanks, friends! Hope it’s useful to you all! ALSO, since this interview, my projected gross for this year is $425,000.00 – Alishba Kzar
In this interview, Alishba shares her tactics for lead generation via Instagram, Facebook and her website with the utilisation of ads, retargeting and optin forms. From there, everything revolves around making a connection and getting her ideal clients on the phone. No phone call, no booking! Clients MUST be willing to talk on the phone before they can book and THIS is the secret to Alishba's incredible success.
Also posted in the Members Facebook Group this week by Alishba…
Second IPS sale this week totalling $7062.50. NOT including sessions fee.
On the low end on average, I make $4k/session. I shoot 12 -16 sessions a month.
IPS is an art. It begins from the moment your potential client hears your name/sees your work. All of this without pushy sales tactics.
When you know your client and understand them they will trust you with their whole being. People have money for the things they want.
YES, we uncover and dissect Alishba's in-person sales (IPS) routine in this episode.
Here’s some more of what we cover in the interview:
- How clients find and initially connect with Alishba
- Using generic Instagram hashtags to appear in the newsfeeds of your ideal clients
- How to deal with photography competitors in your area
- Sending friend requests to your competitor's followers and clients to get their attention
- Why you need to stop going after your competitor and focus on your clients instead
- When and how Alishba realised her boudoir photography business was a success
- How to say no to Trade-For -Photos (TFP) enquiries
- Alishba's sales averages and number of bookings
- Who is Alishba's ideal client?
- Alishba's strategy for posting content on Instagram
- Utilising Facebook Live on your personal FB account
- Soliciting reviews to reach out to more clients
- What incentives Alishba gives to her clients
- How to boost engagement in Facebook groups
- The importance of taking control of conversations on calls and emails to guarantee bookings
- Alishba's points of contact
- What Alishba's advice would be to herself two years ago when struggling to make things work
- The biggest mistake you're probably making in your photography businesses right now
- What Alishba considers her failures when starting her business and what she did to overcome them
- How business alliances helped Alishba to grow her photography business
- Why Alishba hardly ever say ‘no' to collaborations with other businesses
- Why you need to give your clients the benefit of the doubt
- Why Alishba's 20-minute client calls guarantees bookings at full price
- CRM's and running a successful photography business
- Using Facebook Ads retargeting and email marketing as an effective strategy
- What Alishba does to follow up with her clients
- Alishba's ultimate goal with her marketing strategies
- Why Alishba won't give up connecting with her prospective clients
- How Alishba overcame her fear of failure within her business
- The importance of having a user-friendly website that looks professional and connects with clients
- Outsourcing to help with business development
- You need a team to have a successful photography business
- Using trial and error to find what fits your perfect business model
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with links to your version of this interview – the full length and more revealing version where you hear the absolute best tips and advice from every guest.
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interviews each week, get access to an amazing back catalogue of interviews and ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
My goal is to collect phone numbers and emails because I know even if my phone call fails and they don't book, three months down the road they will book. – Alishba Kzar
Plus special member-only interviews.
You'll also receive access to the members-only Secret Facebook Group where you can connect with other Premium Members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take ideas you hear in each episode and put them into action. There are also FB live video tutorials, role-play interviews and special live interviews happening in the group.
You will not find more friendly, more motivated, caring and sharing photographers online.
Joining a Mastermind Group (encouraged by Andrew) has been incredibly valuable and fun, I look forward to connecting with my group members every week. Jina Zheng, Premium Member and Melbourne Children photographer.
And that's not all… you receive a set of steak knives… I'm kidding!
Seriously though, that's not all. In addition to everything above, you'll get access to and instructions on forming or joining a MasterMind Group with other premium members. These groups are super motivating, make you accountable and build friendships with other pro photographers with similar motives to you – to build a more successful photography business.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything away from what Alishba shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below, let me know what your takeaways were, what you plan to implement in your business as a result of what you heard in today's episode.
Just ads, just Instagram, just doing one of these things is not going to get you a successful business. You have to be killing all sides of it and as long as they keep seeing you, you'll be the person they'll book. – Alishba Kzar
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Alishba or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them in the comments area below.
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
Each week I check for any new iTunes reviews and it's always a buzz to receive these… for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they really are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes is the biggest search engine when it comes to podcasts and it's your reviews and ratings that help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners mean more interviews and ultimately a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you!
If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL of your website and your name.
Alternatively, if you've left a review for PhotoBizX and are looking for more backlinks to help your SEO, leave a review for the new Photography Xperiment Podcast and email me your keywords or keyword phrase and where you'd like me to link to.
Another great way to get a backlink to your site is to send a video testimonial. It doesn't need to be fancy and your phone will be perfect. Click record and tell me how PhotoBizX has made a difference to you and your photography business.
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Thanks again for listening and big thanks to Alishba for sharing her thoughts on attracting and connecting with her perfect photography clients by sharing her strong views on women and appearing in front of them to initiate a connection, then building on that fast via phone conversations.
I'm not going to give up on my clients because I know there's a reason they're engaging with me, they're opening my emails even though they may not pick up my call or they may not book me. I know they're still interested. They will do it, they just need to keep getting reminded that they need to do it. – Alishba Kzar
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon