Becky and Jesse Morquecho of Idealust have made the transition from running a successful wedding photography business, Limelife Photography, to their true passion – helping other small business owners succeed through support and coaching. In this interview, we go deep into business and marketing strategies by coaches who know photography.
In addition to the strategies you'll hear, Becky and Jesse have put together a great offer for all PhotoBizX listeners with their course on how to use Facebook and Instagram advertising effectively to attract more enquiries and more clients – plus some one on one time with them!
When confidence has momentum, that's when like really big things happen – Jesse Morquecho
I'd just finished watching an intro video on the about page of today's guests and I knew this was going to be a fun interview! They say on one of their pages, we're so serious about having fun we schedule that stuff FIRST, then fill in the rest of our calendar with work.
This is one interview I'll be going back over myself – there are things uncovered I know will help me and my business.
Here’s some of what we cover:
- What was the idea behind Idea Lust when this thing kicked off?
- What happens to the wedding photography business when you start something new?
- The challenges of pursuing two jobs at the same time
- Map out plans for your new business or take that leap and launch it?
- What makes a business or a photographer successful?
- Worse case scenarios when starting your photography business
- How to reduce the number of bookings when starting a new business
- How will price increases really affect your photography bookings?
- The importance of investing in branding and marketing
- Strategic marketing will be good for your business in the long run
- Who are Idea Lust's perfect client?
- Common problems facing new photographers who rely on a referral network
- Should you lower your prices if increasing them reduces your bookings?
- Do you really believe you're worth what you're charging?
- Is it normal to feel fear and pressure to produce when clients book your top packages?
- Confidence is a huge factor in creating images that photographers will be proud of
- How do you deal with clients who say you're too expensive?
- What marketing means for successful photographers today
- The right and proper approach to marketing your photography business
- Why most photographers fail in business
- What messages you need to convey to clients to secure bookings
- What is a lead magnet and how does it work?
- Giving value to your clients first without expecting anything in return
- How do you convince clients that you are the expert in your field?
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with links to your version of this episode where you can hear lots more content from where we dive deeper into some of the earlier topics plus some new ones that I pushed hard for that include:
- Using a quiz-type questionnaire to find what your client truly want from photography
- How to creatively make your own lead magnets
- Give away your best and favourite locations to someone who may not book you
- Take clients to lunch, dinner or coffee to improve your business
- Changing your mindset to… what can I do for my clients?
- How to engage and spark conversation with your prospective clients
- Why it's alright to shoot for free
- How to find the right people to partner with and market your business
- How to effectively increase your Instagram followers
- How to be authentic when engaging with other Instagram users
- How does a photographer find their ideal client on Instagram
- How to connect with a potential bride on Instagram without being creepy
- The different culture of people using Instagram and Facebook
- Why you need to give your Instagram followers a reason to click your ‘Bio' link
- Being the best photographer is basically useless if you're not getting website traffic
- Why you need to have a solid marketing plan when you advertise your business
- Create a funnel to lead your target clients to the next process to guarantee bookings
- Why wedding shows and bridal fairs could be a thing of the past
- How much does it cost to hire Idea Lust and what will you see in return?
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interview with Becky & Jesse Morquecho, get access to an amazing back catalogue of interviews and ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
If you want something enough, you gotta take those chances and say screw the safety blanket – Jesse Morquecho
Plus, access to a members only Facebook group where you'll connect with other members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take what you hear in each episode and put it into action. You will not find cooler, more motivated and caring photographers online.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know what your biggest takeaway is – what is the one thing that you’d like to implement or learnt from what was shared? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
In so many areas, the market is so saturated you can't afford to be general anymore because someone else is going to connect with them much better than you if you try and be general – Jesse Morquecho
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Becky & Jesse or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them below.
Special Offer for PBX'ers from Idealust!
Becky and Jessy have really come to the party for listeners and are offering their course on creating Instagram and Facebook ads for Wedding Professionals that work and how to grow your Instagram following organically which is normally $997… for $297!
In addition to the massive saving, you'll get TWO one-on-one calls with Becky or Jesse.
The course goes into a LOT more detail about what Jesse and Becky shared in the interview from lead magnet creation to your specific ad settings, your branding message, your ad copy… everything!
Included with the course is a no questions asked money back guarantee for 60 days!
Here's the link to learn more about the course: photobizx.com/idealust
In a market that is so saturated right now, you can't afford not to take every opportunity to put yourself out there and get yourself in front of the people you want to be working with – Jesse Morquecho
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
Each week I check for any new iTunes reviews and it's always a buzz to receive these… for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they really are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes is the biggest search engine when it comes to podcasts and it's your reviews and ratings that help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners means more interviews and ultimately a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you!
If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL and your name.
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Instagram & Facebook Ads for Wedding Pros! – The Course by Becky and Jesse
Thank you again for listening to the show and thanks to Becky & Jesse for coming on and sharing so much about your business, your tips and ideas and of course, the generous offer for listeners!
Fear freezes people more than anything – Becky Morquecho
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon