In this episode, I have Hamish Symington, one of the founding partners and developers of Light Blue and I hope to uncover everything there is to know about studio management software and whether or not it's something you should consider for your photography business. whether or not it's something you should consider for your photography business.
Here's some more of what we cover:
- Who is the photography studio management software for
- How much does Light Blue cost in both dollars and time
- Can Light Blue be used on multiple computers, laptops and mobile phones
- What can studio management software do to help you run your photography business run more efficiently
- Will the software “talk to” your other calendar software on PC or Mac
- How difficult is it to implement Light Blue into your photography business
- What repots are available with the software
- How the software manages data to help your business gathering specific data like birthdays and anniversaries for promotions and marketing mail outs
- Are Email templates available and customisable or do you need to input everything from scratch
- Is it easy to sync your mobile phones and tablets with the software
- Is your data safe when uploaded into studio management software that is web based
- Will your data be available still for export/import on other software in case you decide to switch to a different software or stop using Light Blue for a while
- Can Light Blue be used along side an Accounting software
What's on Offer for Premium Members
Premium Members will hear Matt Ebenezer answering a listeners question on workflow and how his extensive list of “to do's” following a shoot list that is affecting the viability of his business. Matt offers solutions that will affect the profitability of any photography business, no matter the genre or the experience of the operators.
- What you should and shouldn't be doing in your business
- What can be outsourced
- How much outsourcing should cost
- Where to look for outsourcers
- Can you do it all yourself
- Who you're competing against and why you don't stand a chance without some help
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I'd love to know what your biggest takeaway is – what is the one thing that you'd like to implement or learnt from what was shared? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you'd like to ask or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them below.
If you'd like an easy way to show Hamish your thanks, and support for the show at the same time, click the link to create a tweet and automatically let him know you're listening: https://photobizx.com/tweet
The Resources Page
Remember the ever expanding resources page that has a listing of products, programs, hardware, books and directories mentioned in each episode of the show. If you’re looking for something that a guest has mentioned on a previous episode but just can’t remember who or what it was – you’ll find it listed in order on the resources page.
iTunes ratings, reviews and Shout-Outs
Each week before recording the podcast I check iTunes for any reviews and each week I'm excited to see what you've had to say about the podcast. This week I was blown away to see five fantastic reviews!
Thanks you so much to:
Steven Jon Horner of Steven Jon Horner Photography from the USA
Mark from Click Clack Photography in the UK
Joe Shortridge AKA “Toledo Joe” of Joe Shortridge Photography in the USA
Dean from Australia who posted as Zek Elephant
It's these iTunes reviews that make a big difference to the podcast being ranked well and found in the iTunes store. If you have the time and are happy to leave an honest rating and review, head over to iTunes.
Don't feel your comments have to be long, involved or gushy, an honest opinion is all I ask. Don't be shy about leaving your business name in the review either – that way I can add a link in the show-notes and show my appreciation with a proper thanks and a Google loving back-link to your website.
Get in Touch or Leave a Voicemail Message
If you'd like to get in touch, ask a question or make a suggestion for the show, you can email me email@example.com, find me on Twitter https://twitter.com/andrewhellmich or on Facebook at https://photobizx.com/facebook – I'd love to hear from you!
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Mail Chimp – email auto responder software
Aweber – email auto responder software
Tag a Selfie on Instagram
If you’re on Instagram, get involved and join the fun with other PhotoBizX listeners and post a selfie and hashtag your photo #photobizx. This is your last week to have a chance at winning a free 6 months Premium Membership.
I’ll be picking a random participating listener right before next weeks show recording.
That's it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
If you've been enjoying the podcast, I'd love for you to tell another photographer about it – it could be in a Facebook Group you're a part of, a photography forum, with a photographer friend or on twitter.
If you do have a twitter account, simply click here: https://photobizx.com/tweet or use the share buttons below.
Thanks and speak soon Andrew