Corey Potter of www.fuelyourphotos.com gives away more SEO info and help than I've seen from any other SEO specialist – both inside his Facebook Group “Fuel Your Photos” and other photography groups. In this interview, Corey shares the big things (and changes) you need to be aware of and ready for with your photography website for 2018 and going forward.
The beauty of Corey as a guest is he is an SEO specialist who focuses solely on the photography industry and understands our particular needs. He has a background in wedding photography where he and his wife built up their photography business, but he's since moved away from shooting and now works on marketing and SEO for photographers.
Here’s some more of what we cover in the interview:
- Changes and what to expect with SEO in 2018
- How Fuel Your Photos helps photographers and the services they provide
- The importance of keeping your content marketing relevant to assist your website ranking
- Why work on SEO when you can have Facebook ads as your traffic source
- How effective SEO helps create a good source of constant leads
- What to consider when writing photography blog posts in 2018
- Does the number or volume of blog posts really help your website ranking?
- Does having SSL certificate result in better search engine rankings?
- Tips on how to get an SSL certificate with your hosting provider
- The importance of mobile friendly websites for SEO rankings
- The difference between mobile friendly and a responsive website
- Why you need to have a responsive website in 2018
- What is Mobile First Index and its relevance to any website when it comes to SEO?
- How would you know if you have a separate mobile version of your website?
- What is SERPS features and the new changes along with it?
- The good thing about using the Incognito mode when researching keywords
- What is Machine learning and why it is important to understand how it works?
- Knowing your audiences and what they want from your site is the fundamental of better site ranking
- Weighing what's most important and what to consider if you want your photography site to rank higher
- Once you have the traffic to your website, what's next?
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything away from what Corey shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below, let me know what your takeaways were, what you plan to implement in your business as a result of what you heard in todays episode.
My opinion is you need a responsive website. Google's opinion officially is that responsive is best, mobile friendly is technically good enough. – Corey Potter
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Corey or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them inside the Members FB Group.
Another Kick Ass tool from Anna Pumer – wedding blog post generator
Following the success of Anna's About Me Page Generators (you'll find one for whatever genre of wedding or portrait photography you specialise in) Anna has come to the rescue for anyone who dreads and shudders at the thought of writing another wedding blog post.
If you just don't like blogging weddings, struggle to get started and something on the page or simply want to save time – you'll love this generator.
It’s basically a pre-filled template for a blog post about a wedding you’ve photographed, with a stack of customisation options. It’s quick and easy to use and yes, you can can use it for every wedding. It’s also SEO friendly and will save you a ton of time to focus on other things.
The cost is £69 UK Pounds. Use the promo code PBX (till Monday 12th March 2018) and save almost 30%.
If you use this link to access the shop page and purchase: http://photobizx.com/kickasstools – send your receipt and Paypal email address to me (email@example.com) for a further 20% rebate.
At this stage, the blog post generator is designed for weddings, but I know Anna is working hard to release options for portrait, newborn and pet photographers. I'll let you know when they are available.
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Wedding Blog Post Generator – use the promo code PBX to save £20 this week only
Follow up Questions for Corey
If you have any follow up questions or comments for Corey, head to https://photobizx.com/260 and use the comments area there. Chances are, if you have a question, someone else will be after the answer. You’ll also find links to anything and everything mentioned during the interview on that page.
Thanks again for listening and thanks to Corey for coming on and sharing so much about SEO for photographers in 2018 for todays episode.
I find that a lot of photographers just aren't very clear on what it is that they wanna do. And that doesn't have to do with SEO, that has to do with you know being an entrepreneur, being a business owner and really being clear about your message and your offer and everything like that. – Corey Potter
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon