He says he does put a lot of effort into fostering rich relationships with each of his clients and listening to Robert explain exactly how he does that will surprise you. I think you'll be coming away from this interview being able to answer; is customer service the secret to business success?
Here’s some more of what we cover:
- The number of weddings and the average spend for Robert's clients
- How Robert fell into becoming a destination wedding photographer
- Why Robert failed his in his first photography business
- What prompted Robert to revive his photography business
- Your brand is who you are and a reflection of who you are – use that to show you're unique
- How to book weddings anywhere
- Utilising social media accounts to find those connections with your future clients
- How Robert sells himself on Instagram and other social media channels
- Why photography portfolios aren't for everyone
- Using a social media strategy as catalyst for the success of your business
- Marketing strategies that attract bookings
- The importance of being consistent with your vision and your photography style
- How to keep people engaged with you using social media
- Why Robert wants to focus on building his Instagram account over Facebook
- What makes Robert's engagement with client unique
- How Robert takes care of his clients
- Having the right client is crucial
- The importance of building relationships with your clients
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with links to your version of this episode where you can hear lots more content from where we dive deeper into some of the earlier topics plus some new ones that I pushed hard for that include:
- The importance on being specific with the kind of clients you want to attract for your business
- How often Robert communicates with clients before the wedding day and how he does it
- Robert asks strategic questions to know exactly how to take care of clients
- Valuing client relationships
- How to develop a better customer service experience to book more clients
- Robert's photography style and how he found it
- The best thing that Robert has done for his business
- How to book local weddings in your area
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know what your biggest takeaway is – what is the one thing that you’d like to implement or learnt from what was shared? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
Your brand is going to change as you change
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Robert or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them below.
If you’d like an easy way to show Robert your thanks, and support for the show at the same time, click the link to create a tweet and automatically show you’re listening: https://photobizx.com/tweet
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
Each week I check for any new iTunes reviews and it's always a buzz to receive these… for a couple reasons. Firstly it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they really are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
The more connections points I make with clients, the more they are going to trust me
Secondly, iTunes is the biggest search engine when it comes to podcasts and it's your reviews and ratings that help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners means more interviews and ultimately a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you!
If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog.
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Mentor Sessions with Robert – use promo code PHOTOBIZX for $50 off!
Thank you again for listening to the show and thanks Robert for being an awesome guest!
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon