Brian Bossany of brianbossany.com was a bit of a mystery to me before this interview. I always do some research to get a better idea of who I'm talking to and what direction to take from the start for each podcast episode. I could see he's married with three young children. He shoots weddings and engagements. Seems to always be sporting a cracking big, happy smile and is super busy with wedding photography bookings and enquiries. Surely you need more than a smile if you want more wedding photography bookings?
It was a message from a listener who emailed me a screenshot of a post Brian made on his FB profile which said…
“13 enquiries in the last 2 days!”
I was immediately interested in talking to Brian.
Then I saw a video reply to a wedding enquiry and I emailed him to set up this interview… it was unique, fun, revealing, enthusiastic and I knew, this had be a big part of his appeal to prospective wedding clients.
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview:
- What Brian is doing differently that makes him so loved by his photography clients
- How well does Brian get to know his clients before the actual wedding date?
- How to build good relationships with clients from the get go
- The need to make yourself available to your clients
- Wearing a big smile goes a long way in breaking the ice when meeting clients
- Why it's so important to win over your client’s mothers
- A glimpse at how Brian started his career as a wedding photographer
- Why Brian has decided to pull back from photographing destination weddings
- The importance of using an auto responder for your emails as a wedding photographer
- Creating boundaries to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Maximizing the benefits of a full-time day job to learn and build your photography business
- How much are Brian's clients spending with him?
- What caused the biggest leap forward in Brian’s booking numbers for weddings
- Why you need to rebrand your business if you're not seeing the results you want from your business
- How Brian solicit’s reviews from his clients and how they affect his business
- How The Knot can attribute to your business success
- How Brian ‘convinces' clients to visit his website
- Having the mindset to understand wedding guests can and will be your future clients
- Brian’s strategy for sharing wedding photos for maximum marketing potential
- Using questionnaires to get to know more about your clients
- Finding common ground to build deeper relationship with your clients
- Brian’s packages and why are they are structured the way they are
- What is PASS and how it works?
- The importance of finding systems that will save you time in your photography business
Brian's latest video response to a new client booking
Here is the latest video I did for my last client that I booked. I send this out as soon as I receive the contract and retainer.
Follow up Questions for Brian
If you have any follow up questions or comments for Brian, head to https://photobizx.com/207 and use the comments area there. Chances are, if you have a question, someone else will be after the answer. You’ll also find links to anything and everything mentioned during the interview on that page.
Plus, you'll find Brian available inside the members Facebook group.
If you have any questions or comments for me regarding the interview or this weeks premium content on album sales, feel free to leave a comment in the show-notes or email me at email@example.com.