Use the player below to hear this episode
The wonderful f-bombing Kristen Kalp of brandcampblog.com needs no introduction, this being her third time on the podcast. In this episode KK shares how to get paid and stay creative as a photographer and how to overcome and get past massive setbacks – all from her own experience.
Kristen is the woman, the magic, the brains, behind the incredible products, courses and programs including Brandcamp, the F-Yeah Club, Sales Without Shame, Dominatrixed, Go Your Own Way, That's What She Said and now… M-School.
I always love having her on the podcast, at the same time come into these interviews a little scared.
Maybe apprehensive is a better word… apprehensive because she pushes and challenges me like no other guest and I never know what's going to happen!
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview:
- The struggle small business owners / photographers face when asking clients for money
- Why it's so difficult to ask for money from clients
- How to avoid the fear of asking for money in exchange for your products and services
- How to get your stuff out there and noticed
- How to make sure you're executing on your ideas
- What you need to do when not getting the response you want from your marketing strategies
- Why you should never let failure dampen your spirits as a photographer
- Playing the game of business
- What Kristen does to be efficient with her day-to-day work
- Kristen’s daily workflow and how you can achieve as much
- Why Kristen chooses to delete instead of reworking something that's not feeling right
- How to avoid being distracted by email notifications while working
- Why Kristen deleted the email app on her mobile phone and what she's seen as a result
- How Kristen lost $40,000 when running her Brand Camp workshop and overcoming that loss
- Organising camps, workshops or events don't guarantee profits
- Questioning whether to continue what you’re doing is normal and a part of being an entrepreneur
- When does sharing become too much?
- The importance of asking people’s consent when sharing their story
- What is the M-School course all about and how it’s different from Kristen’s earlier courses
- Why do people really sign up and join workshops?
- Why Kristen infused Harry Potter references in her sales pages
- Kristen’s latest workshop will push some people away and she’s perfectly fine with it
- Are Kristen’s workshops suitable for male entrepreneurs and creatives too
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with details on something extra special this month. Instead of cutting some of the interview with Kristen and saving it just for you, this week there is a financial bonus… oooh, sounds interesting doesn't it.
Kristen talked about her new course M-School in the interview… the course cost is $199. As a premium member, I'm offering a $75 cash back if you decide to purchase the course and you sign up using this URL: https://photobizx.com/mschool
Once you've signed up and paid, forward me the receipt and I'll credit the $75 to your PayPal account.
Follow up Questions for Kristen
If you have any follow up questions or comments for Kristen, head to https://photobizx.com/182 and use the comments area there. Chances are, if you have a question, someone else will be after the answer. You’ll also find links to anything and everything mentioned during the interview on that page.
If you have any questions or comments for me regarding the interview or this weeks premium content on album sales, feel free to leave a comment in the show-notes or email me at email@example.com.