Jeffrey Shaw is a Manhattan based, high end portrait photographer and world wide photography business coach. He's been in business for over 30 years which places him in a unique position to help other photographers succeed with their business.
Jeffrey's goal is to align his clients purpose with their ideal customers. Train these photographers on best practices and empower them to work to their greatest potential so they can have a prosperous business.
All in all, this makes Jeffrey the perfect interview guest for PhotoBizX!
Here’s some more of what we cover:
- Why Jeffrey decided to become a photography business coach
- Why the world needs successfully creative people
- In order to share your amazing gifts or talents, you need to have a sustainable business
- People with amazing gifts should never give up
- Every photographer can have an impact in the community they are serving
- Is it possible for LESS creative individuals to be successful in their business?
- The difference between being discovered and being aligned with your target market
- How to align your services with your target clientele
- Business 101, be clear, make it public, make it easy for people
- Problems every photographer face when starting their business and how to overcome it
- The importance of creating clear branding for your business
- What makes a photography business truly successful?
- Consumers today are far more sophisticated and are in control
- The importance of using clear language in your marketing
- How to build a great reputation for your name or your business
- The importance of finding a community where people share the same values as you
- Why your business needs to match the values of your target market
- Which strategies you should use to market to your potential clients
- How to get noticed by your target clients
- How to use larger companies as a gauge when identifying your clients' values
- The difference between value-conscious and price-conscious shoppers
- How to take advantage of what's already around you to understand your client needs
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with links to your version of this episode where you can hear lots more content from where we dive deeper into some of the earlier topics plus some new ones that I pushed hard for that include:
- Silent auctions and how to use them to grow your photography business
- How to get maximum mileage from a single auction
- How to generate photography referrals from your auction winner
- When is the best time to ask for referrals from your clients – it's not when you think
- How to avoid devaluing your services when using promotional materials
- How Jeffrey's coaching sessions work
- How to get noticed following a rebranding exercise
- The importance of engaging previous clients when going through a rebrand
- Steps in recreating your website – the how and why
- The difference between a 10-second viewer and a 10-minute viewer on your website
- Why your web page load time is critical in ranking well in the search engines
- The importance of setting up a call-to-action in all your marketing
- The most effective type of call-to-actions for photographers
- Rebranding your website and letting the world know about it is one of the best long-term marketing efforts you can do
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know what your biggest takeaway is – what is the one thing that you’d like to implement or learnt from what was shared? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
There's a reason you can motivate someone to come to you and it's always different for each individual – Jeffrey Shaw
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Jeffrey or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them below.
If you’d like an easy way to show Jeffrey Shaw your thanks, and support for the show at the same time, click the link to create a tweet and automatically show you’re listening: https://photobizx.com/tweet
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
Each week I check for any new iTunes reviews and it's always a buzz to receive these… for a couple reasons.
Firstly it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they really are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes is the biggest search engine when it comes to podcasts and it's your reviews and ratings that help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners means more interviews and ultimately a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you!
If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog just like I have with past listeners.
$1 Trial for the PhotoBizX PremiumMembership
If you're listening to the free podcast, you definitely know you're missing out on a ton of good content that could be the difference in you speeding up your success in this business or working things out yourself… slowly.
If you've wondered what you get for $20 per month with the membership, will it be good value for you?
I'm out to change the world one entrepreneur at a time – Jeffrey Shaw
Now, you can trial the Premium Membership for a measly $1 for the first month! Here's the link to go check it out and stop missing info that will impact your photography, your business, your life: https://photobizx.com/try
Any questions or hassles, email me or leave a comment below – hope to see you in the membership area shortly.
Mastin Labs is having a 25% off 3 Day Sale
Kirk Mastin was one of the most popular guests on the podcast to date and truly struck a chord with his approach to shooting with film and incorporating film into his digital workflow – definitely check that episode if you have a premium membership.
If you did hear that interview, you'll know Kirk has a range of film presets that he built from the ground up. If that true film look resonates with you and your style, you'll love that Kirk is offering 25% off for 3 days only. The presets are for Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW.
SEO Course for Photographers is On The Way
If you're on my email list or a Premium Member, you will have heard I was planning to hire Gabriel Machuret to help with the SEO for my new photography business website. I then had the idea of asking Gabriel to turn what he was going to teach and help me with, into a course for you and your photography business.
The course is well on its way to creation but before it's finished, I asked listeners for their input on the course by answering one question.
If you'd like to have some input and want to help me at the same time, I'd love for you to answer the question and you can also learn a little more about the SEO course – the link is below:
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Thank you again for listening to the show and thanks Jeffrey for being an awesome guest!
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon