Suesann Vos of A Museum Mummy describes herself as a tech nerd who loves helping small businesses with their marketing and social media needs. She's an expert with Facebook advertising and has a love of museums! In this interview, Suesann shares some of her best tactics for great marketing results on a minimal marketing budget for photographers.
Some of the things Suesann specialises in are; audience evaluation, research and market segmentation, E-marketing, database growth, social media development, innovation and strategy. She utilises her strengths to make marketing budgets stretch further than I've seen before.
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview:
- Which Facebook strategies are working for Suesann right now?
- Why you need to focus on the organic side of Facebook before dwelling on the advertising side
- What clients can learn from Suesann’s Facebook strategies
- The formula to make organic Facebook reach and engagement work for you
- Organic Facebook reach is not dead
- Why you don't need to shell out money to increase your organic reach in Facebook
- Using customised audiences to target specific markets in Facebook
- Post what your audience wants to see and you'll get results
- Using audience insights to determine which topics you need to post and share on Facebook
- What kind of posts should you share on your Facebook business page?
- Sniply and how it can help you with your business
- Using Sniply’s call-to-action to lead visitors to your website while sharing other people’s blog posts
- Facebook prefers when you share other pages’ content
- Why you need to share at least 4 posts per day in Facebook
- The difference between sharing link posts in Facebook verses paying for an ad
- Why building your organic reach is better than chasing Facebook likes
- The need for ads to be referred by friends rather than showing as a sponsored ad
- How to make conversions with your ads and pay less to Facebook
- Where to send visitors on your website when using call-to-actions
- Call-to-action landing pages should be relevant to the post visitors read before clicking that button
- Why you need to actively check Google analytics and understand what the data tells you
- Why you shouldn't be afraid to share other people’s content on your Facebook business page
- List building and how to generate sign ups
- Using your list builder for market segmentation
- How do you segment your list and which services help you do this
- How to gain more conversions
- Using Sumo to set up your list builder
- How to utilise customised audiences for your business
- Why you need to be familiar with your ads manager, audiences and audience insights
- Creating an ad within an ad on Facebook
- Setting up Paypal or Stripe to make purchasing from you easy
- Ways to encourage clients to spend money on your website
- Adding a buy now button on your landing page
- How to setup and customise audiences in your Facebook page
- Facebook pixel only works with a decent amount of traffic
- How to use Pixels for remarketing
- Why you should not boost videos while reach is not high enough
- Facebook wants to get emotional reactions, not just comments and shares
- Taking advantage of understanding your audience through their FB emotion reactions
- The importance of Facebook pixels
- Why you should only be spending $3-$5 a day for Facebook ads
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with something special coming your way.
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interview with Suesann, get access to an amazing back catalogue of interviews and ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
Plus, members only interviews.
Plus, access to a members only Secret Facebook Group where you can connect with other members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take what you hear in each episode and put it into action. See FB live video tutorials, role play interviews and special live interviews.
You will not find more friendly, more motivated and caring photographers online.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything away from what Suesann shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below, let me know what your takeaways were, what you plan to implement in your business as a result of what you heard in todays episode.
Facebook organic reach is not dead – Suesann Vos
If you have any questions that I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Suesann or if you just want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them in the comments area below.
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
Each week I check for any new iTunes reviews and it's always a buzz to receive these… for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they really are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes is the biggest search engine when it comes to podcasts and it's your reviews and ratings that help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners means more interviews and ultimately a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you!
If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL of your website and your name.
Alternatively, if you've left a review for PhotoBizX and are looking for more backlinks to help your SEO, leave a review for the new Photography Xperiment Podcast and email me your key words or keyword phrase and where you'd like me to link to.
The Album Atelier Workshop… PROMO CODE
Milton Gan has put together an incredible line up of speakers for the inaugural Album Atelier Workshop including Dan O'day, Lara Hotz and Renee Blake
The day is full on learning with album design, maxmising sales, actual demonstrations, role play, Q&A sessions and an after party!
All of our mentors are experts in their trade, whether that's photography, sales, marketing, album design or production.
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA June 24th & 25th, 2017
The cost is $695.00… But… I spoke to Milton at the Sydney meet-up, asked if he could extend the early bird discount for PBX listeners and he has!
For this week only, use the promo code PHOTOBIZX30 at the checkout and save 30%!
A message from Walter
If you're not using video responses wit your clients, you're missing a great opportunity to show your personality and make an immediate connection. New York portrait photographer Walter Sheehey emailed me a couple of great ideas to ensure clients aren't scared off by the ugly video link supplied by Loom after creating a video.
There’s one major problem with your podcast – I have a list as long as my arm of things that I want to implement that I learn from you and your guests and there’s only so much time in the day.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely implementing things and many are working beautifully, but I have another full-time job in addition to my rapidly growing photography business.
Anyway, video responses have been on the list since I heard Matt’s episode. I just hadn’t had time to work out the details. I didn’t like the idea of sending big video files via email and didn’t want to mess with learning the ins and outs of using a private YouTube channel (or the like).
Learning how to use Loom and setup took about 10 minutes. The feature set is awesome. I can’t believe it’s free. I’ll probably use a screen grab picture of my actual message as the hyperlink in the email instead of “Click Here for…” or the ugly URL – just to keep the personal touch thing going.
Another option to create a better looking link is to create a hyper link in your email message or use a service like Bitly.com.
Alternatively, if you have a WordPress website, install and use the free plugin – Pretty Link Lite to create… prettier looking links.
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Album Atelier Workshop – use promo code PHOTOBIZX30 at the checkout to save 30%!
Thanks again for listening and thanks to Suesann for coming on and sharing so much about her business, ideas, strategies and how she's built a successful photography business in such a competitive market.
List building has really got to be the heart of your strategy – Suesann Vos
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
That’s it for me this week, hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks and speak soon